SOUND COUNSEL. STRAIGHT TALK. SENSIBLE SOLUTIONS.
Albany Attorneys For Estate Planning, Wills And Trusts
At Bailey, Johnson & Peck, P.C., we understand that the decisions you make regarding your estate will affect you and your family for years to come. That is why we take the time to fully explain — in language that is easy to understand — each estate planning document, so you can be confident that your goals are being met. We assist our clients in the preparation of wills, revocable trusts and irrevocable trusts — all of which can be used to transfer property during life and at death. We also prepare living wills, health care proxies, and powers of attorney to assist our clients in the event of illness or incapacity.
To arrange a consultation with an experienced estate planning attorney, call us in Albany at 518-631-3390 or complete our contact form. We represent individuals and families throughout the Capital District of New York State.
When An Estate Plan Should Be Updated
Smart estate planning requires careful attention to changes in life circumstances. Major life changes could affect your goals and may require revisions to wills, trusts, health care proxies, and powers of attorney. Changes that can warrant an update of your estate plan may include:
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Death of a spouse or child
- Medical issues or incapacity of a beneficiary
- Financial irresponsibility of a beneficiary
- Substantial increase in assets
- Acquired property
- Change in the health or capacity of a spouse
Guidance Through Probate
Our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to guide you and your family through the probate process. We advise executors and trustees as to their fiduciary obligations, and we provide assistance and representation to aid fiduciaries in fulfilling those obligations.
Our services include:
- Probate and all related Surrogate’s Court procedures, including obtaining Letters Testamentary
- Administration of an estate without a Last Will and Testament, including obtaining Letters of Administration
- Comprehensive estate management, including filing all required court papers, estate accountings, disbursement of estate proceeds to heirs, and final resolution of outstanding debts of the decedent
- Trust administration for decedent’s passing away after having created or funded a trust
- Estate and trust litigation
- Representation of a beneficiary in a will contest or a challenge to a trust provision, including advocating for the beneficiary’s rights and inheritance
For guidance in matters of estate planning or probate, call us at 518-631-3390 or complete our contact form. Our attorneys represent clients in Albany, Schenectady, Troy and the surrounding areas of New York State.