SOUND COUNSEL. STRAIGHT TALK. SENSIBLE SOLUTIONS.
We Defend Against Municipal Liability Claims
At Bailey, Johnson & Peck, P.C., we have more than 40 years of experience in insurance law, including matters of municipal liability. Very few firms have the legal acumen and professional resources to handle these cases. We do. Our attorneys advise and represent municipalities in the Albany area and throughout New York State.
The attorneys at Bailey, Johnson & Peck, P.C., provide a variety of legal defense services for municipalities, including:
- Defense against civil rights claims (Section 1983 claims), such as allegations of false arrest, malicious prosecution and excessive police force
- Municipal proprietary claims (sidewalk dangers, auto accidents involving city vehicles, injuries on municipal property, etc.)
- Employment law claims, such as discrimination and retaliation claims under Section 1983
- Environmental torts
We advise and represent all types of governmental bodies in New York, including:
- Cities, towns and villages
- Police departments
- Fire districts
- Health departments and commissions