1. Home
  2.  • Municipal Law

​Municipal Law Attorneys For Clients Throughout New York State

At Bailey, Johnson & Peck, P.C., we are well-versed in the representation of municipalities and public bodies. Our attorneys have held elected office and have been employed in positions such as town attorney, city attorney, and special district counsel, giving us a unique understanding of the factors that municipalities face. Over the years, we have represented numerous counties, cities, towns and villages.

For our municipal clients, we provide general and special representation in matters of planning, zoning and environmental law, as well as rem tax foreclosure and tax certiorari proceedings. We provide representation in the same matters for our private-sector clients before government boards and agencies.

Our attorneys also handle administrative and litigated proceedings both before and on behalf of governmental units.

To speak with a municipal lawyer about your goals and concerns, call us in Albany at 518-631-3390.

Our Services

Our municipal law and land use attorneys represent all types of governmental bodies anywhere in New York State, including:

  • Cities, towns and villages
  • Police departments
  • Fire districts
  • Health departments and commissions

We have extensive knowledge and experience in a wide range of municipal matters, including:

  • Drafting of municipal resolutions, local laws, contracts and other legal documents
  • Review of municipal agendas and representation at municipal meetings and hearings to proactively identify and diffuse potential legal problems
  • Examination of the tax assessment rolls and representation in tax assessment appeals
  • Zoning and water and sewer district issues
  • Defense of public contracts
  • Representation at court proceedings and hearings
  • Creation of forms, policies and procedures to standardize government operations and best practices
  • Advice and counsel to minimize municipal liability
  • Article 78 and other challenges to municipal determinations
  • Building code, zoning code and environmental violations and compliance
  • Guidance regarding the Open Meetings Law and Freedom of Information Law

Contact Us

To reach us in Albany, please call 518-631-3390 or complete our contact form. We advise and represent clients in the Capital District and statewide.